If you haven’t reviewed your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policies within the last year, now is the perfect time to consider if you need to make changes to your insurance coverages.
When analyzing your coverages, review the following areas:
- Home Upgrades: Remodeling your kitchen or bathrooms, building an addition, adding a deck or making other home improvements may add substantial value to your house. Before the work begins, consult with your insurance agent to ascertain whether you should increase your insurance coverage.
- Home Inventory: A home inventory is a list or a recording of all of the contents that you own in your home. Include a description of each item, where you bought it and how much it cost as well as the make, model and serial number of major items.
- Liability: Check the liability coverage on your homeowner’s or renter’s policy to make sure it is adequate to protect you in the event of a lawsuit or other liability claim. If you have significant assets, you may also want to consider taking out a personal umbrella policy for additional liability coverage.
- Coverage by multiple companies: If you purchase auto insurance from one company and life insurance, homeowner’s or renter’s insurance from another, you may want to bundle your policies by purchasing them from the same company to take advantage of a potential multipolicy discount. Most insurance companies offer multipolicy discounts that could generate additional savings.
- Auto coverage: Re-evaluate your auto insurance coverage if you’ve recently moved, purchased a new vehicle, or added a teen driver, which are common changes that can impact your policy.
Talk with a AAA Insurance agent today to determine if your current coverage is right for you.